Our accredited lettings department has many years in experience in rental property. We have clients from around the world who trust us to rent out their property.
Our experienced Lettings Agent, Linda Swan, manages our clients’ portfolio of rental properties on a day to day basis.
Linda has completed the Chartered Institute of Housing Level 3 Certificate in Letting and Managing Residential Property along with Duncan Luke, Partner at Blair & Bryden. Linda attends conferences and training courses to keep up to date with the latest changes affecting the private rental sector.
Linda endeavours to give a personal touch when dealing with both landlords and tenants.
Jackie Gray carries out our interim inspections allowing us to keep our landlords up to date with the condition of their rental properties.
We are also grateful to have long standing tradesman to help, covering all trades, if and when we require them.
Linda has also attended hearings on behalf of landlords as a result of the recently introduced First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing and Property Chamber) to settle any disputes that may arise between the landlord and tenant. Linda has obtained several payment orders in favour of our landlords.
Blair & Bryden are registered as Letting Agents with the Scottish Government. Blair & Bryden are a member of the Council of Letting Agents and Scottish Association of Landlords.
We manage properties throughout the West of Scotland.
What we do for you:
- Prior to marketing your property for let, we will visit your property to carry out a rental appraisal, offering you advice to make sure that you understand the new legislation and assist you to comply with current regulations
- We will upload your property to the following property platforms Rightmove, On the Market and our BestMove website
- We will upload your property to our social media platforms
- We provide accompanied viewings for prospective tenants
- Our team will prepare the Private Residential Tenancy Agreement on your behalf
- Our team can offer assistance with works that are required to comply with current legislation
- We help you source tenants and prepare the relevant checks prior to any agreements put in place
- Our team also offers full management – including interim property inspection
- We offer assistance with any applications made to the First Tier Tribunal
- For clients with multiple properties, we offer discounted management fees for their portfolio
“I have used BestMove as my property management company in Inverclyde for nearly four years now. They have supported me and helped me grow my portfolio with peace of mind knowing that together we offer a professional service.
BestMove are at the cutting edge of implementing new changes to legislation to ensure that my tenants get the best service possible and that I meet all legal requirements.
Day to day service and maintenance work that is required is done professionally and promptly. Linda knows the best tradesmen around and has them at her beck and call.
BestMove allow me the flexibility to get on with the rest of my life while they take the stress out of letting a portfolio of properties. Their understanding of current legislation and their local knowledge allows them to provide quality and up to date advice.
There is such a positive team environment at BestMove and they always make me feel part of that. I look forward to many more successful years working with arguably the best Letting Agents in Inverclyde.”
D. Campbell, Greenock
Private Residential Tenancy Agreement
The Scottish Government confirmed that a new form of Scottish residential tenancy known as the Private Residential Tenancy (“PRT”) would come into force on 1 December 2017 when the main provisions of the Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016 (the “Act”) take effect. The Act will apply to any new private rented sector tenancy starting after 1st December 2017.
This means that from 1st December 2017, you cannot issue a Short Assured Tenancy in Scotland.
We have two fully accredited members of staff that have completed the Chartered Institute of Housing Level 3 Certificate in Letting and Managing Residential Property.
We are also registered with The Scottish Government as a Letting Agent to comply with current legislation.